These Terms & Conditions of Gift Certificates are an agreement established between you and Liv’Ez Wellness Company Inc. (“Liv’Ez Co.”) when gift certificates are purchased, sold, or redeemed on https://www.liveeasyco.ca (hereinafter referred to as the “Website").
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS, WHICH ARE HEREBY INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE PERTAINING TO GIFT CERTIFICATE PURCHASE, SALE, OR REDEMPTION. BY PURCHASING OR USING GIFT CERTIFICATES ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF GIFT CERTIFICATES, AND YOU ENTER INTO A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT WITH LIV’EZ CO.
We reserve the right to modify the Terms & Conditions of Gift Certificates at any time in our sole discretion without prior individual notice. Any modifications to these Terms & Conditions will be posted on this Website. For this reason, we encourage you to review this page whenever you purchase or redeem any gift certificates. You can tell when these Terms & Conditions of Gift Certificates were last modified by checking the "last updated" date that appears at the bottom of the page.
Purchasing, Sending, and Receiving Gift Certificates
- Gift certificates can be purchased on Liv'Ez Co.'s Website.
- Liv'Ez Co. will honour valid gift certificates for online purchases, granted you agree and comply by the Terms & Conditions of Use and the Terms & Conditions of Purchase.
- Gift certificates are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- All sales of gift certificates plus applicable fees are non-refundable and are final.
- Gift certificates cannot be used to purchase gift certificates or other cash equivalents.
- Gift certificates are only available in Canadian dollars.
- Purchase and redemption of gift certificates do not incur activation, inactivity, or service fees.
- Purchases of gift certificates do not incur sales tax(es).
- Purchases of gift certificates do not quality for discounts or promotions unless explicitly stated.
- Gift certificates are not valid until payment has been received and successfully processed by Liv'Ez Co.
- Gift certificates should be treated like cash: they cannot be replaced if lost, stolen, altered or destroyed.
- Gift certificates do not expire; except under the following circumstances:
- 1. Gift certificates that were sold at a discount, or
- 2. Gift certificates sold for charitable purposes.
How to Redeem Gift Certificate(s)
- Gift certificate redemption instructions are as follows:
- Fill your shopping cart.
- Select "My Cart" in the Website navigation to proceed to checkout.
- Verify that you've selected the correct products and quantities.
- Select "Proceed to Checkout".
- For security purposes: if you've shopped with us before, log into your account; if you are a new customer, please register for an account.
- Input your billing and shipping information as required.
- Read and accept all of the required Terms & Conditions and Policies.
- Copy your gift certificate code.
- Paste or type your code in the "Apply Coupon" field and select "Apply".
- The balance on your gift certificate will be used against the total amount owed for your order.
- Gift certificates are only redeemable on the Website for the amount specified on the gift certificate. Liv'Ez Co. reserves the right to cancel orders paid for by fraudulent gift certificates.
- During gift certificate redemption, the full balance is always used against the total amount of the order. We are unable to split gift certificate balances for use on multiple orders or otherwise at this time.
- Except as required by law, gift certificates are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund or equivalents.
- Any unused balance of the gift certificate will remain until redeemed or expiration.
- If a purchase exceeds the amount listed on the gift certificate, the redeemer is responsible for paying the difference at time of purchase.
- Gift certificates are treated like cash payment upon redemption; whereby taxes and fees will be charged based on products purchased. Liv'Ez Co. is not responsible for tax or fee increases occurring between the gift certificate issue date and date of redemption.
- Use and redemption of our gift certificates are also governed by our Terms & Conditions of Use, Terms & Conditions of Purchase, and Privacy & Security Policy.
- Only one gift certificate may be redeemed per purchase.
- For security purposes, purchases totalling below the value of the gift certificate used will need to be manually processed by Liv'Ez Co. Please register for an account on our Website, then contact us to process your order.
- Since all sales of Liv'Ez Co. products are final due to their personal care-nature; gift certificate amounts spent towards purchase(s) will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Refusal to Honour & Expirations of Gift Certificates
- Liv'Ez Co. reserves the right to immediately invalidate gift certificates, without notice, should it receive a credit card chargeback or other forms of repudiated payment made towards the gift certificate.
- Liv'Ez Co. is not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates. Reasonable and prudent steps are taken to verify the legitimacy of a redeemer and upon full redemption, the gift certificate will be identified as not valid for payment of any kind.
- Liv'Ez Co. reserves the right to dishonour any gift certificates, if it reasonably believes it was not validly purchased, has already been redeemed, or the redeemer stole or is otherwise not the intended beneficiary of the purchaser.
- Gift certificates have no expiry date unless purchased at a discount and/or for charity.
- Liv'Ez Co. will not replace gift certificates if lost, stolen, altered or destroyed.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- As gift certificates are treated like cash, Liv'Ez Co. will honour any valid gift certificates on our Website as long as the gift certificate code is provided. It is your responsibility to safeguard gift certificate(s) from theft, fraud, misplacement, damage, or any kind of loss. Gift certificates cannot be replaced if lost, stolen, altered or destroyed.
- Liv'Ez Co. is not responsible for emailed gift certificates that do not reach their intended recipient for reasons beyond its control. Bounced emails are not monitored and receipt of email(s) cannot be verified. In addition, due to security reasons, gift certificate emails cannot be reissued to the recipient. Please make sure to verify the correct information is entered when purchasing gift certificates.
- Liv'Ez Co. make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to gift certificates, including without limitation, any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Gift certificates, and these Terms & Conditions, are subject to and governed by the laws of, without reference to its principles of conflicts of law.
- If any provision of these Terms & Conditions should, for any reason, be held invalid, prohibited by law or unenforceable in any respect, such term will not apply. However, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall be enforced to the full extent permitted by law. A court of competent jurisdiction is hereby empowered to modify the invalid, prohibited or unenforceable provision to make it valid and enforceable.
- Risk of loss will pass to the purchaser of the gift certificate upon the electronic transmission of such gift certificate to the recipient or purchaser.
BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION
(This Section does not apply to residents of Quebec.)
Arbitration is the submission of a dispute to a neutral arbitrator, instead of a judge or jury, for a final and binding decision, known as an “award.” Arbitration provides for more limited discovery than in court, is subject to limited review by courts, and the result is confidential. Each party has an opportunity to present evidence to the arbitrator in writing or through witnesses. An arbitrator can only award the same damages and relief that a court can award under the law and must honour the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
1. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, PUNITIVE DAMAGES WAIVER
Subject to applicable laws, you and Liv'Ez Co. agree that any dispute, whether at law or equity, arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of the gift certificate, regardless of the date of accrual of such dispute, shall be resolved in its entirety by individual (not classwide or collective) binding arbitration, except that you or Liv'Ez Co. may take claims to small claims court if they qualify for hearing by such a court.
Subject to applicable laws, you and Liv'Ez Co. agree that any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis and that class, mass, consolidated or combined actions or arbitrations or proceedings as a private attorney general are not permitted. You and Liv'Ez Co. agree to waive the right to trial by jury.
This agreement to arbitrate extends to claims that you assert against other parties, including without limit claims against Liv'Ez Wellness Company Inc., and its affiliates, and related entities.
This agreement to arbitrate shall survive termination of this Agreement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, if any part of this agreement to arbitrate is deemed invalid or inapplicable, the remainder of the agreement to arbitrate shall still be considered valid and enforceable. If any part of this agreement to arbitrate is deemed invalid or inapplicable, you and Sephora both waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any claims to recover punitive or exemplary damages and any right to pursue any claims on a class, mass, consolidated, or combined basis.
Limitation Of Liability
(This Section does not apply to residents of Quebec.)
LIV'EZ CO. AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CERTIFICATES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Choice of Language
The parties hereto confirm that it is their wish that this Terms & Conditions of Gift Certificates, as well as other documents relating hereto including notices, have been and shall be drawn up in the English language only.
Les parties aux présentes confirment leur volonté que cette convention de même que tous les documents, y compris tout avis qui s'y rattache, soient rédigés en langue anglaise.
You may contact Liv’Ez Co. by email.
This Terms & Conditions of Gift Certificates was last updated on December 6, 2021.